Health News Alerts (Click Link for PDF)
4 Steps for Coping with Traumatic Events Following Tragedy at Mercy Fitz
Are PA Physicians Seeing Impacts on Patients From Marcellus Shale Activity
State Health Laws Set Rules for Pennsylvania Fall Sports Coaches and Students
Professionalism, Practice Management
Click on any of the links below for more information
Delaware County Medical Society Membership Benefits
1. Professionalism – we help you to stay informed about important developments and promote the doctor-patient relationship. Use the Pennsylvania Medical Society’s “Tracker” program to coordinate and report your CME activities. Help shape the future of your profession by becoming involved in our work.
2. We will help your practice’s bottom line. Private practice physicians and those who are employed by practices all benefit from our work. Rely on our experienced staff and the resources which are available to members on a myriad of important matters. Have your practice administrator/office manager attend our quarterly meetings. We guarantee these programs will demonstrate value to your practice! We’re only a phone call away!
3. Medical liability reform – working closely with the state medical society, a number of specialty societies and the American Medical Association - we will continue to lead an aggressive, multi-year campaign to reduce medical liability premiums. All too often our critics complain that “nothing gets accomplished”. They seem to overlook their Mcare abatements or the changes that have occurred such as the new venue requirements and/or qualifications of expert witnesses.
4. Managed care reform – the DCMS continues to address third-party problems in the practice of medicine. Support our efforts to have physicians receive a fair-market reimbursement from health insurance companies in our region.
5. Take advantage of member-only benefits including the society’s line of endorsed insurance products through Tycor Benefit Administrators, Inc.
Tycor was established in 1980, and provides a wide range of professional services, including comprehensive employee benefit services, program design, insurance selection and placement, implementation, and administration.
Tycor has been committed for over 30 years to maintaining quality relationships with their clients. DCMS members have access to a broad array of products and services constructed around the needs of corporate and individual clients.
Also - Medical Office Software & EMR's through
"Value in PAMED Membership"
Membership in the DCMS and PAMED provides benefits with a real dollar value. Here are some samples:
Reimbursement and practice management advice – PAMED’s practice management experts will answer your questions about third-party payers, one call could pay for your dues many times over. Quarterly practice management meetings are coordinated to address emerging trends, new programs and regulations and help professional office management staff with their HR questions.
Contract Reviews - members get heavily discounted rates on legal and business reviews of contracts.
· Regulations and licensing - we can help you cut through bureaucratic lingo and understand workers' comp, physician licensing, and more.
· News...via email and On-Line - members can subscribe to free email newsletters and CME alerts.
· Publications - manuals on laws and regulations are among the outstanding educational products offered.
DCMS Public Health Committee Works for Community Health - The DCMS Public Health Committee is hard at work on issues that affect the health and well-being of the community. Here’s a snapshot of the society’s ongoing involvement in a number of important community coalitions; task forces which are working groups to address significant health concerns in our community.
Some of these include –
· the Insuring Delaware County’s Children Now Task Force,
· County Council’s Health Advisory Board.
· supporting the work of the Delaware County Suicide Prevention and Awareness Task Force;
· the Delaware County Immunization Coalition’s successful flu immunization programs, (in conjunction with the PA Department of Health and the Delco Office of Intercommunity Health);
“Check the outstanding PAMED website for more information – www.pamedsoc.org “
Visit our Program Sponsors Page
Help Prevent the Abuse of Prescription Drugs
Click on the image to the left to get locations to drop off unused medicines
Medication Adherence. Prescription medications are extremely important in maintaining employees' good health but not all individuals take them properly - and that directly affects their health and your bottom line. In fact, 50% of people on multiple drugs are non-adherent, accounting for $100 billion in avoidable hospitalizations and $50 billion in lost productivity. More information: http://img.en25.com/Web/CIGNACorporation/Rx%20Whitepaper.pdf
The County of Delaware is pleased to join an exciting national initiative geared toward encouraging individuals to volunteer to assist during public health events. The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a branch of Citizen Corps